If you have dental insurance, there are many things to be aware of as we approach the end of the year. Most plans renew on January 1st and expire on December 31st. Being informed about your insurance benefits is now more important than ever.
6 Reasons to Visit LandMark Dentistry Before the End of the Year
- Expiring benefits – Unused benefits will not roll into 2018. Your insurance company only provides a limited amount of yearly coverage. If you have a plan benefit of $1500, that’s the maximum reimbursement you will receive regardless of the cost of treatments. If you don’t use the funds available to you, you will lose them.
- Plan changes – If your employer sponsors your dental plan, benefits can change at their discretion each year. With the rising cost of healthcare, some employers reduce the benefits available from one year to the next.
- Paid premiums – You’ve paying for your insurance coverage. It’s not beneficial to spend money for benefits you don’t use.
- Deductible renewals – If you’ve already used some of your insurance this year, chances are you paid your annual deductible. If you put off treatment until next year, you’ll pay for the deductible again, creating more out-of-pocket expenses.
- Insurance company profits – When you don’t use all of the funds available to you, the money is reallocated back to the insurance company.
- Proactive savings – Preventive visits for routine exams and cleanings allow our dentists and hygienists to identify small problems before potentially becoming more painful and expensive to treat.
Whether you’re an existing or new patient, we’re happy to help verify the dental benefits you have remaining in 2017. However, we suggest you contact your insurance carrier directly to confirm the amount still available. Our teams in Charlotte, South Park, Mallard Creek, Wesley Chapel and Matthews are happy to suggest a plan to maximize your benefits this year – before it’s too late.
Connect with us at online to request an appointment, or call one of our offices directly. We look forward to seeing you!
The Dental Teams at LandMark Dentistry